- 1 1/4 cup butter (200 gm)
- 1 cup superfine sugar (160 gm)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups plain flour (200 gm)
- 1 level tsp baking soda
- 2 level tsp cream of tartar
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pack Oreo Double Stuff cookies (11 cookies/170 gm)
How to make it
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees C. Thoroughly grease a 10 cup capacity bundt tin.
- Cream butter and sugar with a hand whisk, in large bowl till pale and fluffy. Whisk in eggs one by one till well mixed.
- Combine flour with baking soda and cream of tartar then sieve over butter and egg mixture in two lots and stir in gently with whisk till well mixed.
- Combine buttermilk and vanilla and add to batter. Stir gently into batter till combined. Break Oreos into quarters and fold through batter.
- Scrape batter into bundt tin and bake at 180 C for 20 minutes. Lower heat to 165 C and bake for another 10 - 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool 20 minutes before turning out. Allow to cool completely.
- Break chocolate up into a microwave safe bowl and microwave with the butter for 1 minute on high. Stir chocolate. If not completely melted, repeat 1 minute on medium and stir till completely melted. Let cool till warm but stil liquid then pour over cake. Allow to set before cutting cake.